Granola Bars Recipe
Granola Bars are an excellent source of instant energy. There are mostly consumed before working out or before exercising or in between work hours. Here’s the recipe to make them.
- Naturally Sweetened
Servings- 10 (bars)
Course- Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine- Gluten-Free, Vegan
Freezer Friendly- 1 month
Lasts for 3-4 Days
Ingredients- (US Customary – Metric)
1 heaping cup packed dates (pitted // deglet noor or medjool)*
1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar (or honey if not vegan)
1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
1 cup roasted unsalted almonds (loosely chopped // see instructions for roasting nuts)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
Chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc. (optional additions)
Wait a minute, are you a Content Creator? Register Here. If You are already logged in you may continue with your Read…Tribe.earthlyspeaks
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain for about 1 minute. It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Optional step: Toast your oats (and almonds if raw) in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Otherwise, leave them raw.
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
- Warm maple syrup (or agave or honey) and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily. (A loaf pan might work, but will yield thicker bars).
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened – I use something flat, like a drinking glass, to press down and really pack the bars, which helps them hold together better.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. You can keep it in the freezer to keep them extra fresh, but it isn’t necessary.
You can add a layer of chocolate sauce before freezing it.